We are extremely excited to have started a new initiative within the watch community - the Strap Guide. It is a showcase for photographs and write-ups of watches on our straps, written by members of our community!
As a strap retailer with hundreds of different straps available, the most common question and request we receive is for strap recommendations. With the many different watches out there, it can be challenging trying to find out what is the best looking combination for the watch. And not all of us have rich and vibrant imaginations, or dare to take a leap with a bold combination. Despite having the Strap Finder, which helps to visualise watch and strap combinations, nothing beats having real life photos of how the combination looks and works together. Sometimes it also helps if we can see how watches can pair with different outfits!
The Strap Guide series was created as a way to showcase different strap options on various watches, with the help of the watch community. We wanted to reach out to different personalities in our community, because of the variety that this provides.
- Variety in Watches. As much as we would like to think otherwise, there is just no way that anyone can own all the different watches in the world. With Strap Guides written by members of our community, it allows us to create guides for a wide variety of watches, even those that our team at Delugs might not have in our own collection.
- Variety in Strap Selection. Everyone has different preferences and tastes. Some of us may like a more monochrome look. Others may like vibrant colours. By reaching out to different collectors, we get to see a wide variety of choices and selection, and also hear about their reasons for choosing each individual strap.
- Variety in Photography. In this day and age of social media, photography has become a very big part of our watch collecting hobby, and there are a ton of talented photographers out there, each with their own personal shooting and editing style. The Strap Guide is a way to showcase the various photography styles from the collectors and photographers in our community.
Join as a Contributor!
If you like this initiative, and would like to contribute by writing a Strap Guide for a watch that you own, here's what you need to know to apply as a contributor:
- You will need to feature a watch that you currently own, which we do not currently have a Strap Guide for. Our preference is towards watches that have general appeal to the watch community, and are generally available for purchase.
- We will provide you with up to 5 straps of your choice, free of charge, that you can feature in your Strap Guide. You may also include past Delugs straps that you may have purchased.
- You don't have to have thousands of followers on Instagram or other social platforms to be a contributor. You do not even need an Instagram account!
- However, we do require you to be proficient in photography. This does not mean having an expensive camera set-up - even if you have just a smartphone, that might work. What we are looking for is in the overall look, feel and style of the photos. You may refer to past Strap Guides to see the types of photos that we require.
Strap Guide Requirements
These are what we will expect:
- At least 2 photos of each watch and strap combo. Photos should show both the watch and strap, taken in varying settings / angles. Note: the photo need not show the entire strap, just showing one portion of the strap will be sufficient. We will use these photos on our website and social media.
- A written write-up (around 500 words in total) that covers (1) an overview of the watch, (2) for each strap, an explanation of the strap choice and combo.
- The above to be completed and sent (upload all photos and the write-up into a Google Drive / DropBox etc and submit the link) within one month from receiving the straps.
Here's What to Expect